Since 5 September 2021 to
Underwater Photographer/Videographer wanted. Please read full job description below!
Turtle & Ray Productions is Curacao’s leading underwater media production company. We work as a 3rd party company to many dive centers on the island, providing a high-quality underwater photo and video service to their customers. Your role in our company will include preparing and maintaining all underwater camera equipment, taking photos and videos of customers and marine life underwater, communicating clearly and effectively with customers to sell the product, and commuting back and forth between the T&R office and various dive centers. The right candidate for this position will have a positive and flexible attitude toward the job and staff members, able to work in a fast-paced setting, and able to perform accurately and professionally under pressure.
Due to the technical nature of this job, we have a mandatory training course for all new employees. This is a professional level photography and videography course, covering all essential topics such as exposure, composition, lighting, white balance, and more, in great detail. It will also include maintenance and use of multiple underwater camera rigs and setups, T&R techniques for underwater photography and videography, proper protocol for handling all company materials (cameras and accessories, computers, cars, etc.), as well as sales training workshops for our business model and product type. Based on your level of knowledge and expertise upon application, the cost of this training course may vary.
After the training is completed, employee will earn a competitive commission-based salary. Working permits and visas may be discussed during the interview process.
The right candidate must meet the following requirements (NO EXCEPTIONS!):
• Minimum Divemaster certification or higher by any internationally accredited diving organization
• Fluent English speaker
• Valid Driver’s License (preferably both automatic and manual)
• American or Dutch Nationality
• Own full set of dive gear
• Minimum 1-year proven experience in sales-related job with references
• Knowledge and appreciation of a commission-based sales system
• Willing to work 5 days per week, 2-3 dives per day (both from boat and shore)
• Flexible, positive and passionate attitude!
• Hard working and self-motivated
• Knowledge/Use of DSLR and/or Mirrorless cameras
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Strong preference to female candidates due to team dynamic
• Young, energetic, healthy individual
• Experience in Underwater Photography and/or Videography
• Dutch or Spanish fluency a plus (any other language is also a bonus)
• Marketing/Social Media skills
• Photo and video editing skills (FCP and/or Adobe)
• Any other unique or interesting skills you can offer
• Willing to live the “island-life”
Please send your CV with cover letter along with any relevant references!