Since 4 April 2022 to 30 September 2022
BKSA, IKO AND BSUPA
The Kitesurf Centre is searching for a booking’s assistant, fitting the description below to start working for us for the upcoming 2022 summer season.
You’ll be joining our busy and reputable beachfront centre in Camber, East Sussex, UK. The centre is open 7 days a week, all season, and helps around 150 students per week with learning how to kitesurf, land board, kite buggy and SUP. This job position is open from April 4th to September 30th, 2022, you’ll be required to work Monday to Friday meaning weekends off for the entire season!
We are looking for serious applicants who are motivated, proactive, and outgoing with a positive attitude and the ability to communicate well with a range of people. Good adaptation skills and experience in customer service roles are essential. Previous experience with booking systems or working within a watersports centre is desirable.
Applicants will preferably have some previous kitesurfing experience with a desire to progress their skills and knowledge within the sports we provide. Without prior kitesurfing experience, a strong interest in other wind and water sports or outdoor pursuits with a desire to learn kite sports is essential.
Perks of the job include the option to borrow equipment when not working so you will have plenty of time to advance your own skills whilst with us.
Reporting to the Centre Manager and Bookings Coordinator this role includes:
* Answering phone/email enquiries and creating bookings for all activities using ‘Viking’ bookings platform
* Upselling lesson bundles in response to lesson enquiries
* Completing customer payments upfront when booking lessons
* Following up on outstanding payments
* Inform students of their upcoming lesson times for the following day
* Rescheduling lessons that are postponed by undesirable weather
* Customer service over the phone, by email and at our reception
* Greeting students, checking for up to date activity waivers and introducing students to their instructor
* Preparing students for their lessons and helping to get them kitted up
* Explaining rental equipment terms and conditions and providing detailed spot information for free riders
* Other general administration tasks
* Previous customer service experience
* Computer skills: Able to follow processes within a bookings system and basic use of word and excel
* Strong written communication
* A good phone manner
* Personable and friendly
* Good organisational skills with attention to detail
* Adaptable to change (we work with weather conditions), approaching it with a positive attitude
* Clean UK driving licence (1+ years)
* BKSA, IKO and BSUPA instructor qualifications
* First Aid Certified
* RYA Powerboat Level 2
* Self-employed / Seasonal
* 5 days per week (Mon – Fri)
* 8 hours per day (scheduled according to peak business hours)
Working hours do vary depending on lesson times for that week as we are tide dependent, earliest start time is 7 am and the latest finish time is 10 pm in the peak summer months – On days where high tide falls in the middle of the day and lessons would be both early and late, you’ll work one side of the tide not on a split shift. This will be on a rota with two weeks’ notice.
Please send your CV by email to: