Since 1 September 2019 to 30 April 2020
Ticket to Ride have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right individual to come on board in the early stages of a new project, with global roll out potential.
We’re looking for someone who is a natural leader and a hard-working team player. You’ll have proven management experience within the hospitality industry, with great interpersonal skills and a passion for leading and inspiring a team of people.
You will need to be well organised, calm under pressure and good at problem solving, especially when it comes to handling the more ‘unexpected’ challenges that working in developing countries can throw up. You will also need to be financially minded, sales driven and have an understanding of marketing.
Manage the day to day running of the Surf House (22 guests)
● Administration including finances, arrivals information etc.
● Greeting all guests and influencing atmosphere to provide a friendly environment for all guests during their stay
● Dealing with any complaints or issues in a professional manner
● Basic maintenance
● Keep the Cleanliness to a high standard
● Manage the surf house team
● Ensuring the team deliver the guest services in a timely manner and to the highest possible standard (surf lessons, yoga, meals etc)
● Help with organising surf hire, lessons, airport transfers etc. for guests
● Seek regular feedback from staff and guests and mediate where necessary
Essential Skills and Experience
● Experience of Sri Lanka
● Worked as a Hotel/Retreat/Hospitality Manager
● Experience working in a developing country
● Proven revenue management skills
● Proven staff management skills
● A passion for surfing, yoga, or a combination of both
Desirable Skills and Experience
● Surf coaching
● Language skills
● A good understanding of technology / internet connectivity
The season runs from Mid Sept 2019 – Mid April 2020. With the potential for a full time contract and the potential for an earlier start date for the right candidate.
Competitive salary plus the usual benefits of accommodation, and food budget etc
Send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’d be a good fit for Ticket to Ride and our new venture in Sri Lanka, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sri Lanka Surf House Manager”.
All Covering Letters and CVs will be considered, and those selected will be followed up as below:
1 – Phone Interview – which will take place up to Friday 22nd March
2 – Interview and Assessment – Follow Up, by Friday 5th April